Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 31 in Farmers Branch, TX

This week was full of more exciting door knocking. We were able to find two really great families. The first one was English. She was really receptive and really wanted to learn more. We had to hand her off to the English Elders. The next we found yesterday. She believes that God answers prayers and she told us a story about her 14 year old son got an answer to his prayer and she knows that God can answer prayers. It was pretty amazing. We are going back tomorrow.

Oh I forgot to tell you a funny story, this last week we came back to our bikes to go home and as we got there I noticed that my companions seat was missing. They stole the seat and the bar. It was funny. They didn't touch my bike at all.
Our President says he hasn't heard anything about us getting I pads but we don't know if our new president knows anything about the I-Pads. I am hoping that we are able to get them.
We went to a training meeting this last week and president D.  dunked a basketball!!!!!!!! on film. He showed us highlights of his BYU career. This was the first time he has mentioned basketball his whole three years. He has tried to avoid the basketball questions. The only reason he said that he showed us this was because in one of his many slam dunks our new mission president did a behind the back pass to President D and D dunked. It was an awesome film. He also showed us part of his talk that he gave in priesthood secession in the 80's. He showed us President Hinckley telling the crowd that he was a fantastic basketball player. After there was a song, and in the song one of the verses ended with amen, but it wasn't the last verse. President got up and started up the stairs and stopped half way, not knowing what to do. Then I think it was Ted R Callister told him to sit on his lap until the song ended and he got to shake hands with others from the 12. 
I am glad that you had fun at the youth conference. McKay sent me an email telling me all about the call. It is so awesome. I will be able to talk Spanish to all of my friends. I heard that there are just mostly Cubans over there in Florida. I wonder what Cuban food taste like. Here is a mix of Mexicans Hondurans and El Salvadorians. 
There will be a big meeting in 2 weeks where we will meet the New President. 

I probably won't go to the temple in a while. I have been 5 times since I have been in Texas. The president wants us to go every 6 months, but I have been lucky because of my companions having recent converts going.

Well I hope that you all had a great week. Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment