Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 11 in Plano, Texas

 It is really hard to get investigators where Jesse is at.  They get real excited when they meet people that will allow them to come back and teach them.  Keep M****in your prayers this week that he will be receptive to the message Jesse and Elder D**** have for him.  Jesse is really happy where he is at.  Transfers happen next week.  He will find out on Saturday if he will stay in Plano or be transferred.  I hope he is able to stay a while :)  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers in Jesse's behalf.

Some really big things happened this week. it has been really exiting! this is my top 5 Friday list taking place on Monday. So I will go down the list from most importance to least importance.

1. I saw a bobcat. It was really weird because I thought that it was just one on the M**** cats until I noticed that is was bigger and had a little tail.  Its face was a bit different too. I saw it from inside. When I went outside to look at it it ran away.

2. My bike decided to break down this week. After we did service I got on my bike and started peddling and my bike decided to switch gears on me without me changing gears (the left gears, the ones that control the gears by my pedals.) It was stuck in first gear and I noticed that my wire was loose. So when I got home I tightened the wire and it still didn't change. Then the high gear lever fell off. Thirty minuets later I got it to change into second gear. Still couldn't put the lever back on so I decided to duck tape it on and hope that nothing else breaks.

3. Got into a bible bash with a Catholic lady. Her argument was genetics and the ancestry of Adam and Noah (i think that she believes that the flood didn't kill everyone).  She just wanted to keep going and going and it was going no where. So we just left.

4. I saw a squirrel 

5. I made a half court basketball shot today. I'm not that bad at basketball.
Oh ya we met a guy named M**** he is interested and we gave him a book of Mormon. He said that we could come back.  M**** is living with his parents. He is going to college or ending high school. He says that he is interested and he has a friend that is Mormon. We haven't met his parents.

I do have a funny story about a cat and running. Last night we just got home from a dinner appointment and we were packing to go out and tract and there was a knock at the door. No one was home so I answered it. It was the bishop and the stake president. As I open the door, the M***** cat (they have three cats, only one is supposed to stay inside the whole time.)  made a break and ran out the door. The bishop was looking for a guy named B****. (different story, B**** moved in with the M*****. His family is in the ward. They didn't say why, but my companion and I think it is just the mother bird kicking the 20 year old out of the house. He doesn't go to school and he doesn't want to serve a mission) anyway back to the story, I told them that he was not here and they left. So I ran out to get the cat and I chased that stupid thing around the house three or four times before I caught it.
We actually went to a barber shop for a haircut. The guy that did my hair was like 90 and he had shaky hands. Two days after the cut I looked closely in the mirror and my sideburns were really off. So I had Elder D*** fix it. I will just let him do it next time.

Well as you can see there is nothing that could have made my week more fun. I hope that you all had a wonderful week. Hope ya'll have a great week.
New haircut

Christmas 2013

Family History Center at the church where the missionaries go to email.

No comments:

Post a Comment