Monday, January 6, 2014

Week 10 in Plano, TX

 Always excited to receive pictures of Jesse!  He did tell us that he is letting Elder D**** cut his hair today.  Hopefully we will see the results next week :)

     Well this week wasn't all that exciting. Just up to normal stuff again. We only did 5 hours of service this week because of New Years and the temple trip. Oh ya I did get to go to the temple this week. The zone hit a goal of 24 contacts a day for two weeks and we got to go to the temple. yay:) We tried to see the Christmas Family (the family we found on Christmas) but they were not home. For New Years Eve the M***** had us over for games. So we played with them and the N**** family until 10:30. and that is when we had to go to bed. There were no fireworks. I didn't even notice that but now it seems really weird.  Then on New Years day, the Chinese missionaries had a baptism. That was cool to watch. Then on Friday my companion and I went on exchanges with the district leader and his companion. We do splits with our district leader. We do it for two main reasons, the first is for the district leader to see how the missionaries are doing, and the second reason is to see for yourself what other missionaries are doing to find/teach people. So we don't get stuck doing the same things over and over.
     I found out about BYU and Notre dame's games when I was tracting. We ran into a Catholic that talked to us for a bit. Not interested but told us about the games. He has three children that went to Notre Dame. 
     Brother M***** went to Michigan and that is why there is a banner at their house. He doesn't support them much any more because he says that they are too liberal (big topic in Texas). Sad I couldn't welcome in the new year but I needed the sleep.
     Well I have to go now have a great day. Don't get sick. I hope that you all had a wonderful new year.
Dinner

Out on splits

Jesse and Elder D**** out on splits



No comments:

Post a Comment